Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hiatus in blogging

I anticipate a hiatus in blogging until after the elections. The elections are an opportunity for Objectivist activism, and also a chance for me to make a real difference in my life and in the lives of people I value. Working with young people as a university teacher, I am directly aware of the threat posed by California Proposition 4 to their right to chart the course of their lives by the judgment of their own minds. And, more than any other matter in which I can make a difference, Proposition 4 is still too close to call. However small the number of minds I can change, I have a realistic hope of influencing the outcome. My OpEds on Proposition 4 have been printed in newspapers (the largest being the Orange County Register) covering 8 million people - but this is only one-sixth of California.

After the elections I'll blog about lessons learned and about strategy for the future.

1 comment:

Nick Manley said...

Good luck! Adam. I support you 100 percent on this.